Telecommunications Mechanic I - Fort Buchanan
- Job Title: Telecommunications Mechanic I – CSR/I&R/OSP
- Company: Fort Buchanan, PR
- Employee Type: Regular Full-Time
- Security Clearance Status: Active
- Security Clearance Type: Secret or Able to Obtain
- Certifications: BICSI (Required)
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30AM-4:00PM EST
GC&E Systems Group seeks an individual to assist the government to operate and maintain the information and infrastructure systems for Fort Buchanan and all remote sites.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in Maintaining, installing, de-installing, removing, and moving all instruments, service lines, and LAN service associated with work order requirements to include labeling
- Assist in installing and relocating telephones in coordination with customer point of contact
- Assist in the performance of scheduled preventative maintenance and rehabilitation of all cable distribution systems including maintenance holes
- Install, restore, maintain, repair, test, splice, and remove all cable associated with the ATS from the point of demarcation to the installation point for the required service
- Perform all outside cable work supporting the plant infrastructure of the site including required Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services
- Adhere to all site guidelines dealing with OSP cable
- Maintain assigned test equipment
GC&E Systems Group, LLC offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, LLC to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.